Construction of terrace gardens, (eco-roofs, green-roofs), is a specialized construction method of gardens on terraces and balconies, made from special materials light and ecological which improve our quality of life, by providing a breath of fresh air and a touch of color in the big cement city that we live in.
Advantages of a terrace garden can be the following:
- Ecological benefits: It can act as a natural filter and a source of clean air. It can also decrease the phenomenon of urban heat island, meaning, the increase of temperature caused from the sun’s radiation onto the concrete buildings.
- Energy – Cost benefits: It can act as thermo-insulating, sound proofing and water blocking and thus operate as great economy saver all year round by reducing energy consumption.
- Social benefits: It can make use of a space that so far was unexploited, while now it can be a place to relax and entertain by taking advantage of any beautiful view that your terrace or balcony might have.
- Visual benefits: More beautiful building.
- Investment benefits: All the aforementioned can help in picking up a building’s value.